I often find myself arriving home with a new beer to try and it is almost never cold. I typically wait until the next day to explore the brew. But now with a few simple steps I'm able to appreciate the beer within 20 minutes.
A friend tipped me off on how to achieve a cold beer in a few simple steps. And more likely than not you already have everything you need. Which consists of your freezer, a beer, and a paper towel.
- Take your paper towel, fold it in half.
- Run water over the towel letting the water soak in.
- Take your towel and wrap it around your beer bottle or can.
- Place your bottle in a freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Pour into chilled vessel.
In my opinion this worked well. I was able to chill my beer in the time it took to prepare dinner. Comparing the results; the paper towel was able to cool the beer faster that the bottle I tried without the wet paper towel. In the end, this is a simple process with favored results.
My freezer was set between cold and frozen. If you'd like to report on your results, or share another method. Please do so in the comments below.